IMAGE & REAL ESTATE: A HEALTHY FUSION
Today I stand as a witness to a merger of two different industries that now functions together. That being the person as Image Consultant and Licensed Real Estate Broker is one. How then can we achieve a healthy fusion?
• CONNECTION. Link to the real person within. There are times in life that we are compelled to do something or be in a profession we do not like or love. Get out of this rut and stay tuned-in to the true individual inside. Connect to the ultimate source “And we know in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28).
• CONVICTION. Strong belief and opinion on something. We are likely to be what we have envisioned to become. If you have conviction, you have great confidence and this shows in the very essence of what we do and who we are. Gain a positive steady following, whether with your individual clients, groups or corporations.
• CLOTHED IN BEAUTY. From Adam and Eve to Giorgio Armani – who would’ve thought that the fig leaf could inspire so much creativity? As Image Consultants we are concerned with fashion and beauty, and go to a great extent to increase our marketability through numerous trainings and additional learning. Let us be reminded not to lose our significance, it is not just what we wear and don’t wear, how composed we are, but more important how we align what we do and say. A gentle and quiet spirit has great worth.
• COHERENCE. Logical and consistent. This too is evidence of our true passion and calling. There are times when situations do not make sense, or worse we feel them falling apart. If we need to sit down and analyze to come up with a well-founded and rational solution so be it. We also learn from people around us.
• COMMITMENT. Actively engaging oneself to an obligation and a promise. For many of us this is a strong word yet it is absolutely essential for relationships to last. In our image consulting business and real estate transactions, this is an absolute must as it proves to be an evidence of our wholeheartedness. We cannot merely be a fan but must be willing to follow-through.
Image and Real Estate are two different industries indeed. As an individual doing both, the lines of professional distinction are not so far apart. Service is the glue that binds. Let us be reminded to serve faithfully and out of love. “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” (1 Peter 4:10).